Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 2017 Ford F-250 Trailer Brake Control Mo...
2017 Ford F-250 Trailer Brake Control Module

1837 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-11 15:10:58

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2017-10-10 21:36:25
     Installed new OEM trailer brake control module from Ford.  The scanner sees a code for the said module but does not recognize the module when I try to program it.  All fuses have been checked and the module is getting power.

Do I need to use the USB connection to J2534 pass through or do I need to enable it with Ford software instead of the provided Autel programming from MaxiSys Pro?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-10-11 15:10:58 (Reply to:)

Is the Trailer module pre programmed for your application or blank ? IMO ,The truck is just too new to trust Autel maxisys alone performing a parameter reset that in essence performs a Ford Network B@tch Slap to get all the ducks in a row on the network to talk to the new ugly duckling trying to get online. If a parameter reset fails  you may have to tow it to dealer if  Sh@t happens and all the keys have to be reprogrammed again, you'll pay money on a 2 day sub with FJDS (no more FMP) . The 2017 truck probably has coded PATS which require IN Code and Out Code from dealer and that you have a LSID to be verified before you can do the keys. Good luck trying in the dealer service lot.
  Total1 Pages