Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > bmw sd card
bmw sd card

1858 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-11-04 11:32:25

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    mdoerner1
    2017-10-28 11:37:25
     Hello,

My MS906 decided to install the recent BMW update to the SD card rather than the internal storage. I did not write down what files could be deleted from the internal storage. What files do I remove to regain additional internal storage? Also, what criteria does the MS906 use to determine where it installs updates? Finally, if I want to move the BMW update from the SD card back to the internal storage, how do I do this? Thanks!

Mike Doerner

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-11-04 11:32:25 (Reply to:mdoerner1)

If you want ot use BMW on the internal storage then there is no need to delete anything.
    Otherwise it is the /scan/car/europe/ folder for BMW/Mini/Rolls-Roys and the same in the /scan/service/Europe folder.

I was able to install BMW on the internal storage.
    Here the steps I did

- uninstall/remove all BMW/Mini/Rolls-Roys software (Diag and Service !)
    - rename the /scan/config/extSdDistribute.xml file which holds information about out-soruced BMW software to extSdDistribute.xml.bak
    - power down the MS906
    - remove SD
    - boot MS906
    - Update MS906 as BMW gets on the list

Please note that I have NO SD anymore in the system and since then no problems.
    As this extSdDistribute.xml gets re-created (I have a new one from October 28`th) it can be that BMW gets installed on the SD as soon as a SD is in the system.

Based on the support the rename of the xml is not needed, but it does not harm.

Total1 Pages