Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Can I inialize a new ABS Unit with my Ma...
Can I inialize a new ABS Unit with my MaxiDAS DS708?

1401 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2018-01-31 16:11:40

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    French Chris
    2018-01-31 08:09:52
     Hi Guys,

I have a Jeep Wrangler JK and I found out that the CAN Bus Circuit short to Ground when my ABS Unit is connected but the short to Ground goes as soon as I disconnect the ABS Unit.

The Jeep Service Manual instructs to get the new ABS unit initialized by a Jeep Main Dealer but I was wondering if I could do that myself with MaxiDAS DS708.

Has anyone done this before? Is it possible?

Many thanks,

Chris  

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2018-01-31 16:11:40 (Reply to:French Chris)

If the new ABS module comes  blank (un-programmed) it would need to be programmed with a J box off a laptop with a purchased OE subscription.
      If it does come programmed but you still need to do some basic coding information transferred from old module including VIN # , and you probably won't be able to do a programmable module install , because DS708 won't be able to pull the required information out of the old ABS module because of the shorted state that it's in.
      Autel needs to fix the user forum, because it takes 10 minutes of waiting to wait for all the links to be navigated to reply to questions, Chinese Censors , monitoring and filtering anything put up on a public forum, I don't know , but it's prohibitive to constructive timely help to problems.
  Total1 Pages