Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Reflash ECM
Reflash ECM

3380 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2021-05-10 22:07:18

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    wilsonrb
    2018-03-16 22:03:24
     Hello. I need to reflash ECM of Grand Cherokee Diesel. Never use my MaxisSys Pro to do it before. Any help? Thanks

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2018-03-20 20:06:16 (Reply to:wilsonrb)

The Maxisys is not able to reflash ECM,PCM,ABS modules on Jeeps or any other American car. As of today 3-20-2018 it's not possible and probably not likely to happen.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2018-04-03 21:36:52 (Reply to:wilsonrb)

HiWilson,
    You can program the ECM with Maxisys Pro. You do not use the tablet at first. You use the VCI connected to your PC via a USB cable. You need to install the driver for the VCI into your PC first. It is on Autel's site.
     Then you need to go to techauthority.com and purchase a subscription. After you purchase the subscription, you need to download and install Chysler's J2534 program from techauthority
    Now here is the screwy part. You probably will not be able to download the file you need to program your ECM. You select the file that you need a click to download it and nothing happens, no download.
    There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is you must use EI 11 only. No other browser will work. 
    Next, you MUST have a certain version of java in your PC. Only 1 version of java works. I can get you it if you need it.
    Next, if your running Windows 10 or XP, and you have it to the point that your file downloads, you will then find that the file is downloaded to the wrong path! That is for the 2009 and back models.
    I can help you sort it out. I spent 6 hours getting the Chysler J2534 program to work and if java updates, it will work no more.
     I would turn off any firewalls or virus scan programs just to make sure those don't cause problems too.
    Let me know if you want help getting it working.
    Kevin

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2018-04-03 21:55:21 (Reply to:wilsonrb)

I should have mentioned that if you have a 2010 or up the program may work after downloading from techauthority. It's the 2009 and back models that you must have everything just right or it will not work.
    Kevin

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84

2018-09-14 08:18:46 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Hi Kevin H,
    I have read your explanation and I would like you explain to me how to arrange my laptop for  programming 2009 and prior models of course if you don't mind .
    Here is my e-mail address:
    Hammoud.bilal8@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2020-05-30 06:07:19 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Hi Kevin I been going thru hell with tech authority until u solved it can u help me please with pics step by step lol my email is " mystikk55@gmail.com" thank u in advance 

•   Level 1   
    (9) points

2021-02-28 01:45:52 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Is this still alive?

I cannot get tech authority to download files
    Does nothing at all!!

Please please help

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2021-03-01 16:34:03 (Reply to:)

I'm sorry I didn't come back and read your post. You MUST have only one Java version for it to download. Go to https://www.aetools.us/catalog-flipbook-2-2/softdownload/ . On the Chyrsler J2534 Fix tab there is a link to the correct JAVA version 1.8.0_121.
    Uninstall all other versions of JAVA and Install that version.
    If you are using an old XP machine you should be set. If you are using Windows 7 and up, The file downloads to the wrong path. You must move it to Start>Computer>C:>Users>CurrentUserName>Aplication data>Local>temp. Delete all files in this folder before moving your download to it. The J2534 app SHOULD find the file after successfully downloading the correct directory. I'll come back in a day or so and see if you posted anything. 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2021-03-01 16:40:02 (Reply to:Kevin H)

You must use IE for the browser too. I believe Chrome will not work.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    babt

2021-04-30 03:22:21 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Any chance you know the path that it downloads it to in the first place? I believe the only problem I have left is moving the file.

And Thanks a TON for all the tips, you save my week!
  Total2 Pages