Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > MaxiDiag Elite MD802: Mercedes-Benz ML3...
MaxiDiag Elite MD802: Mercedes-Benz ML320 (W163) diagnostics question - ESP subsystem

1177 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2018-03-21 18:03:35

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    al-c
    2018-03-21 18:03:35
    Scanner: Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802, firmware vers: v2.02, soft vers v5.06, Benz V6.11
    Car: Mercedes-Benz ML320 (W163) Model Year 2000

New to the scanner and the forum.

I have a Question:

When attempting to diagnose/scan my MB ML320 (W163), the Chassis/ESP subsystem, the ETS, ABS, and Emergency Brake Lights get switched ON. The 3 lights get switched OFF, as soon as I select another subsystem, for instance Chassis/BAS.  Furthermore, if I am putting the car in motion for ESP "livedata" collection, there is a biping sound, besides the 3 lights ON. 

I get the information I am looking for, from ECU, to DTCs, and "livedata", and I can clear DTCs.

Is the lights change and bipping normal?

Even though the data seems to make sense, I am not 100% sure that:
    1.  it is not affected by the special state in which the ESP system seems to be put in,
    2.  if there is an internal conflict between data collection and normal ESP functions,
    3.  if that does not affect the DTCs that are being raised/set.
    4.  if the ESP specific DTCs related to the ECU are raised, they are caused by the conflict situation,

I've contacted Technical Support and this seems to be an "unknown/unreported problem/behavior".
    Have attempted an upgrade, but there are no MB (Benz) upgrades beyond 6.11.

Thanks,
    al-c
  Total1 Pages