Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > PATS SEC ACCESS DENIED
PATS SEC ACCESS DENIED

3681 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2018-08-13 23:50:24

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    sbuffalo
    2018-07-12 18:02:57
    Can anyone tell me why I keep getting Security Access Denied when I try to erase and or progam PATS in 06 Ford Explorer Sport Track?

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2018-07-12 22:20:52 (Reply to:sbuffalo)

Are you using a master key? If your using a valet key that may be your problem. Make sure that there are no fault codes in the PCM. If it has a theft code stored, you have to do a keep alive memory reset before you can program keys.
    When are you getting this error, after you waite for the 10 minute timer? Pull the codes from the instrument cluster and post them. I'll bet the cluster is not reading the key for some reason. 
    Does the truck start? Answer these questions and we'll figure it out. 
    Kevin

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Dennis B

2018-08-13 23:50:24

I am having the same issue with a 2014 Escape & a 2015 Expedition.  I'm using the MaxiDAS DS808, programming is up to date.  With the Escape, I get complete failure, with the Expedition I get "Limited SECURITY ACCESS GRANTED", but I have yet to find what function I can perform on it.  I'm using master keys with both vehicles, no PCM fault codes, no IPC/instrument cluster codes, and I have used the clear codes function just prior to running the 10 minute security scan.  Need to delete "lost" keys from both vehicles and program 1 key.  Any help is appreciated!

Dennis B.

Total1 Pages