Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Maxi PC Suite will not connect to scanne...
Maxi PC Suite will not connect to scanner

1687 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2024-04-27 20:17:00

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    Steve
    2018-09-06 04:18:25
     When launching the Maxi PC Suite software it says, "Failed to find a device".  Yes, the USB is connected to computer and Scanner connected as well.  Not communicating.  Thanks for any tips/tricks.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    MBW635

2018-09-28 03:04:21

IT will work, I got the AL329 to update as well.

1.   Plug the USB cable into the device, and the PC.  That gives it power.
    2.   I assume here that you already setup an account and a password on the Autel website.   
    3.   Account ID is your email address.  Use the password you created to log into Maxi Suite - not the number from the verify email.
    4.   Download and install the Maxi PC Suite software to your PC.  
    5.   Register your device (serial number and "register password" refers to the 6 digit password code displayed by the device within the update menu on the device.
    6.  After you register, the Maxi PC Suite software will look for your device on one of your USB ports on the computer.  You may need to unplug and plug it in.  Eventually the Maxi Suite will see your device, and ask for email address and the Password you created - not the "register password", or the verification number they sent you via email.
    Click the update all button in Maxi Suite - the update goes automatically.  Do not unplug before its done with the update.  

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Igor Furlan

2024-04-27 20:17:00 (Reply to:MBW635)

Same device AL329.I did all of the above many times. I could not make it to work. I am getting back the following:
    AUTEL
    Maxi PC Suite V1.41
    If your device is not found, please check whether the connection mode is supported by the device. For details, please refer to the U ser Manual. If connection via USB cable is supported, some devices cannot work properly unless it is in corresponding operation m ode (Update Mode or Upload Data Log Mode). if connection via a card reader is supported, please ensure the card reader function s properly.
    !
    Failed to find a device
    ===================================  DETAILS =======

Today, April 27, 2024, I received my new AUTOLINK AL329 OBD II scanner. The software and hardware details are as follows:

• Software Version: V1.14
    • Hardware Version: HW_V4
    • Firmware Date: 2021-11-16
    • Library Version: V.14
    • Serial Number: 3209MB107676
    • Password: XXXXXX

I connected it to my car and it appears to be functioning properly. However, since the firmware version (V.14) is outdated, dated November 16, 2021, I decided to download the latest AUTEL MAXI PC Suite V1.41 onto my ThinkPad Laptop P52s, which runs on Windows 11 Pro. The installation process completed successfully, and I rebooted the laptop to ensure that all updates were applied.

My next step was to connect the AL329 scanner to the laptop using the included USB cable, but it did not work.B

Any hint/help is more than welcome

Total1 Pages