Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > AL539B not functioning after update
AL539B not functioning after update

1438 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2019-06-24 21:10:45

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Quigster
    2018-09-30 15:34:08
    I received my AL539B on Friday the 28th.  Charged it up some via the USB cable and then hooked it up to my 2002 Ford Explorer on Saturday.  Worked fine.  Went back inside to register the product on Autel's website and noticed there was an update to the software available.  I downloaded and updated to the latest software and DTC codes via the Maxi-Link II software.  Now the AL539B will not function properly.  After connecting to the OBD 2 port and clicking ok for diagnostics, I get the progress bar, then it simply lists multiple lines of double digit numbers, such as:
    f 00 00 00 01 03.

When this shows I cannot escape out or do any other function.  I have to power it down, then restart it.  When I click on the Setup link, it no longer shows the setup menu and only shows the list of double digit numbers again.  I forced a restart into update mode (per the instruction book), re-downloaded the files and reinstalled them (in the event something got corrupted), but no change.  Cannot figure out how to revert to the old firmware or reset to factory / default settings.  Obviously at this point I am sorry I did the software update.  Any help would be appreciated.

Last, I was not sure where to put this as I did not see any sub-forum section for my unit.  If there is such a thing as a moderator on this forum, feel free to move my thread to another section that may be more appropriate.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Quigster
    2018-10-04 22:46:35 (Reply to:Quigster)
     Replying to my own post simply to provide the outcome / resolution of my issue in the event anyone else runs across this problem.  I traded multiple e-mails with Autel NA customer service with no resolution to the problem.  In fact, they finally quit responding to me.  I then contacted the vendor and requested a return and replacement unit.  The vendor (Motorzone) replied promptly and inquired what happened to the unit.  I explained the problem and lack of fix despite working with Autel NA customer service.  Tina, from Motorzone, instructed me to select the ff 00 00 01 00 09 line, then select the ff 00 00 01 00 68 line, then select any line, then choose default language and the unit should be fine.  I followed those instructions and unit now works fine.

Hopefully this write up helps someone in the future.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Chris

2019-06-21 01:45:40 (Reply to:Quigster)

I just had a similar problem. I updated and now the Multimeter isn't responding.  Where are you putting the  ff 00 00 01 00 09 line?? 

I am still waiting to here back from Autel,  not too happy right now

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
  Total1 Pages