Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > blank screen
blank screen

1237 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-03-09 14:39:11

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    elvey6
    2018-10-05 03:31:58
     Just updated my autel 319 unit. now it has a blank screen and a bunch of garbled symbols. Unable to locate update screen to reload firmware update. Also unable to locate serial number to register unit. Need to get back to square one. any ideas.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    JudgeKnot

2019-03-09 14:39:11 (Reply to:elvey6)

I had the same experience with mine.  I was using it one day and it was fine.  I was searching for more info about using the unit and came across a page that said the software could be updated.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, so I went through the steps to update it.  The result was the same as yours.  Basically a blank screen with a bunch of squiggly lines.  I can still use the buttons to navigate the pages, but it doesn't do any good since I can't read anything on it.  When I contacted Autel for support, their recommendation was to update it.  Just for kicks I tried it again but nothing has improved.  I've contacted Autel's customer service again but so far their only suggestion was to take it back to the retailer to get it fixed.  Yeah, sure, I'll take a $35 device to Wal-Mart and have them fix it.

I came across several threads on this forum that mention a blank screen, but so far I haven't been able to find any solution.  It's not very encouraging to know that the company will produce a device, provide a software update, and then not be willing to help when the software causes the device to fail.  I hope you've been able to get your problem solved, and if you have, please share your solution.
  Total1 Pages