Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > finding key fob pin code 2012 Jeep Grand...
finding key fob pin code 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1438 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-01-13 03:26:18

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    InterAuto
    2019-08-28 10:34:00
     The key fob on 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee is not responding. Works in the ignition, car starts but the enter and go dose not work, replaced the battery in the remote nothing changed, tried to reprogram the fey fob but it asks for pin code for the passive entry system and my ms906BT dose not have a function to retrieve the code or is a place that i can't find it. Those anyone know how to find that code. Thank You

•   Level 4   
    (155) points
    MexiCANBoi2020

2019-08-28 13:59:16 (Reply to:InterAuto)

You mean the proximity part doesn't work? Meaning you get in the car press the button and it starts without putting the key in ignition? Usually the prox part is programmed separately from the ignition part. Try to reprogram the prox part, also, this is very dumb to ask but I have seen it a million times. Please make sure the battery is inserted correctly. Youtube it to see how the battery goes. If everything is ok, the PIN is available for free at any dealer. You must show you're the owner, all the paper work must match your state ID. Once the dealer confirms this, they can give you the PIN. Fight them, cause most dealers will give you a BS story. Ask for a manager if they insist on not giving you the PIN. Good luck!

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2019-09-10 02:04:23 (Reply to:InterAuto)

Jeep grand cherokee

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    raperezm

2020-01-13 03:26:18 (Reply to:InterAuto)

Hola, debes usar un scanner como el xtool x100 pad 2 pro este obtiene el código pin
    para programar el fobik
  Total1 Pages