Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > BMW X5 Active headlight module change
BMW X5 Active headlight module change

1629 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-03-06 08:01:34

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Benno
    2019-09-10 08:27:56
     Hi all, I'm new to this forum . I'm using a Maxsys pro 908p, J2534 pass thru box.ive just started to use the tool,but I do work in the Automotive Electrical world and have other scan tools etc I've worked with for many years. My question today is would my new Maxsys 908P  either rewrite Vin or Program on a BMW X5 2006 model,regarding Active headlight module replacements , I have a up to date Aautel unit, and it connects to the vehicle correctly. I have codes from Active headlights system. 9315. & 9CC0, both codes relate to 9315 - FRM( footwell module) ALC system faulty & 9CC0 -FRM(footwell module) communication with step motor controller on the right disrupted.

The vehicle has been fixed from a small accident , front right headlight replaced , New unit from BMW, the new headlight assembly has been fitted with a new module, old module still on old headlight assembly.
    Any thoughts on how I should marry the new module to the system would be great, cheers.( reprogram? If so can I get the software via Autel 
    I was going to look at getting the old module fitted to new light as we go ,to test what happens, see if active light warning stays on after that. I'm thinking if the module is ok, it should go back to normal without the Autel 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Benno
    2019-09-11 07:35:21 (Reply to:Benno)
    All good got it sorted, online programed mldule bank

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2020-03-06 08:01:34 (Reply to:Benno)

thanks for your input i have one to do today..
  Total1 Pages