Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Replacing ABC strut on 2005 S600
Replacing ABC strut on 2005 S600

949 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-10-01 02:13:10

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    BMGawrys
    2019-09-28 17:16:32
     Hi.  I am looking for some guidance.  I just bought a used 2005 S600 and am fixing various things on the suspension.  I just replaced the tandem pump...yes, very tedious, 11 hours, but it seemed to fix the leak.  The dealer also told me I had a leaking rear left strut.  I just put on a new one, that corner is now sitting extremely low.  I thought the system will fill up with pressure when I turned on the engine but it didn't raise up.  I know there is a calibration procedure, I don't know how to find this in my Autel DS808, and I don't know if this will cause the vehicle to raise.  The back end I think was locked in position (very bouncey, message on dashboard said visit workshop)  Maybe I have to clear those error codes first?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-01 02:13:10 (Reply to:BMGawrys)

Sounds to me to be an electrical issue where the circuit for the left rear strut for the vehicle height sensing is being read out of normal operating range at the  module pins or the solenoid that opens and closes is not getting power or ground to do so .
  Total1 Pages