Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 2004 BMW 530I ambient temp sensor harnes...
2004 BMW 530I ambient temp sensor harness bypassed and sensor relocated to right front corner

1020 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2019-10-03 23:52:19

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2019-10-03 23:52:19

FYI The wire harness originates  from the right front corner and is ran right to left along the front of the bumper reinforcement in a shallow channel sandwiched behind the foam bumper filler. The two wires got broke off from a minor impact at RF corner. I didn't feel like removing  the whole bumper fascia and filler off reinforcement to access and repair 2 sensor wires trapped under the front fascia and bumper , so I cut the exiting pigtail off  flush underneath   the bumper and spliced it right to the broken wires at the right front corner below the right front headlamp with some heat shrink butt connectors, plugged in the sensor ,ziptied to a nearby harness.
      I tried to register the customer's new aftermarket 150 ah lead acid battery  through "Service" app of my new MaxiSys Elite and proceeded along but it never actually brought me to a simple page menu to edit the battery type and amp hour rating and said battery registered but mentioned accessing spec changes through programming and coding. I didn't know which one of the dozens of F'N module listed  to select to edit the new battery specs. Customer had a toddler in tow with a diaper full and I was running out of patience with the waste of this time, so I had to let the battery specs go unedited and a DME code 299B for Intelligent Battery Sensor communication present.
  Total1 Pages