Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Key Registration for 2014 Nissan Leaf su...
Key Registration for 2014 Nissan Leaf supported but does not work

1675 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2022-04-16 01:28:58

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    colonelgman
    2019-10-18 20:43:23
     I do many Nissan keys but this is the first Leaf. With the conditions set as specified in the autel Battery voltage over 12.5, Transmission in PARK,  Foot NOT on brake, Hazard Switch ON & All keys/FOBs in hand. Then erase All keys the next step says to hold the Start button in for greater than 2 seconds and follow on screen instructions. But the next screen says "The operation is incomplete. try again after confirming The operation conditions."

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-19 05:50:06 (Reply to:colonelgman)

What tool are you trying to register the keys with ?Sort of strange the Hazard lights switch gets turned on. Maybe  the door has to be closed the entire time .

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2019-10-19 23:50:31 (Reply to:colonelgman)

Perhaps you require a tool that enables programming with the PIN code, and not bypassing as the Autel tool seem to want to do.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-02-19 00:38:22 (Reply to:colonelgman)

I ran into the same problem today on a 2016 Nissan Leaf with a fully up to date MX808.

The MX808 leads you to believe that it will pair new keys and walks you through the procedure, but you end up with the error: "The operation is incomplete try again after confirming the operation conditions" I tried this a bunch of times, but it did not work, and it left me with no working keys...so I guess you could say that it kept part of it's promise in that it disabled all the existing keys, but it will not program new ones.

I called Autel support and they stated that the MX808 will not ever work program/pair any Nissan push to start keys, such as the key that comes with the Leaf.

When I asked why the MX808 let's you get as far as deleting the existing key parings without letting you pair new keys, and what they could do about fixing this serious problem, their response of "not my responsibility" had an air of indifference with an undertone of indignance. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2020-02-20 19:38:28 (Reply to:)

i have the same problem with qashqai j10 2010 im not sure if maxisys is capable..

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2022-04-16 01:28:58

MK908P 2012 Nissan Altima

Intelligent Key programing had similar results. I got a screen with an encrypted 5 digit pin for the immobilizer that I had to decode to a 4 digit pin and a no start condition till completed. Found a couple websites that did it for free. Programming the FOBs kept aborting w/o giving a specific reason for the fault, though the pin was fine. By elimination, the abort had to be the wheel lock not locking. The wheel doesn't lock on this car. The scanner incorrectly says it needs to be "unlocked" in the procedure. I tried using the utility to add a remote starter (NonMitsubishi) instead. That route allowed me the option to bypass the steering lock and complete the FOB programing. No pin needed.
  Total1 Pages