Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > My J2534 went bad my new one does not wo...
My J2534 went bad my new one does not work do I have to register it

1076 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-12-09 04:08:03

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Letsgo
    2019-12-08 23:43:46
     I have a maxisys 908p and the J2534 that came with it went bad so I bought a replacement one online.  It will not communicate with the ECU is the error message I receive.  The VCI is connected as is the USB cable.  I have tried to operate it with WIFI and wired.  Also Bluetooth works fine.  Do I have to register my new J2534 box or is there some other obvious thing I did not do that I should have.

Thanks,
    Eric

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2019-12-09 04:08:03 (Reply to:Letsgo)

Plug the J2534 to the OBD of your car, turn the Maxisys tablet on and click the VCI icon on the bottom of the tablet. The MaxiSys will automatically start scanning for available VCI devices, on the right side you will see the detected BT devices. The device VCI serial number (usually starting with CNJB) will be displayed in the list of found devices. Click to unpair the old J2534, then pair your new J2534.
    The VCI button on your tablet will display a green tick icon. This means you are connected to the VCI.
    After you pair the device you can do the update. https://tinyurl.com/tpchftn
  Total1 Pages