Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > I want to buy a scanner.
I want to buy a scanner.

1124 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-12-31 09:53:18

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    JT-FRFT
    2019-12-31 01:33:54
    Is there a document that I can compare various models and their features?  Website is not easy to use.  

I have a 15 Silverado LT truck and a 06 BMW X5 (E53).  At minimum, I want OBD/SRS/ABS/TCM ability to read and clear.  I would like to read other modules in the car and have full MODE Testing capabilities and be able to read various pids from different systems.  I'm a professional that has always used  Manufacture specific tools...first time venturing outside the "Dark Side"

I would also like to have a scanner that I can read the Big 3, Asian and European models with staying in my budget.   Does it exist? Any suggestions would help.  I'm on a budget and not looking to spend over 500 USD.

Also, I've heard horror stories about buying off Amazon.  Where can I find a reputable dealer that I will not have any issues with,  if I need to use the warranty.  That's most important to me.

Thank you for your time.

Tags: Scanner

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-12-31 09:53:18 (Reply to:JT-FRFT)

I believe you from somewhere in USA or Canada your easiest way is to speak to this Guy and I am sure he will advice you the best way to go......... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxQXBzS5edo&t=670s
  Total1 Pages