Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > replacement battery for elite scanner
replacement battery for elite scanner

1516 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-19 18:35:58

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Guajardo
    2020-01-15 16:42:35
     Battery is no longer holding a charge, looking to replace the it. Do you sell any battery for the elite unit?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-01-15 18:30:28 (Reply to:Guajardo)

Autel does not sell batteries or repair parts to general public. You need a current Total Care Update subscription for a platform with a serial number purchased from an authorized Autel dealer for your geographic region for the Autel support of your geographic area to be of much help to you and generate an RGA form for return of the unit for warranty repairs in your country or geographic region.
      Call Autel Support of your Geographic region with the unit's serial number and register password and see if your unit is a authorized dealer sold unit that qualifies for support and warranty done from your geographic region or a unit sold off Amazon or Ebay from a dealer based in Mainland China where Support and Warranty is done from Autel in China . I found this site that appears to sell  them , but don't know if legit ,Good Luck.

http://www.auteleshop.com/wholesale/autel-maxisys-elite-battery.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjfvwBRCkARIsAIqSWlPqwcLiBUKWRqNTudUugRZbj7rxMSjtetLmYkkklNBuNP2j5bRA-uEaAke-EALw_wcB

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Nikola Tesla

2020-02-07 19:04:49

I had the same problem.(Battery is no longer holding a charge). I bought the original new  battery but the problem remained the same.I sent my Autel for repair to US dealer.Their answer was that my ELITE TABLET was irreparable.
    Any ideas or suggestions can help me especially as I can only buy a new TABLET..
    My Autel Elite is three years old, no warranty.

Original response from US dealer:

"Device is non-US tool. QC stickers are damaged, and one is in the wrong spot. Upon opening device can see flex cables detached and LCD cable not installed correctly. Flex connector on board is damaged, and part of the board is burnt as well. Device is damaged beyond repair. Deductible required for replacement SR 1/22" 

Thanks in advance for all your help!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-02-08 00:31:07 (Reply to:Nikola Tesla)

I think if it were mine I  borrow a battery with some charge remaining from  another unit to see if tablet works before wasting any  time figuring out a way to externally rig  a charger to it. With a name like Nikola Tesla ,that should be no problem :-)
      Do you still have remaining update period left you can request that those extra months be added to the expiration date of a new replacement

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Nikola Tesla

2020-02-25 20:36:03 (Reply to:witsend)

Finally I found a problem in my Elite!Very bad battery charging design system  that goes through the main processor..If you constantly hold your tablet on the charger you are going to have the same problem like me.In the USA technical support does not know how to solve this problem. The solution for them was to buy only a new tablet that no one sells separately.It would be logical to replace only motherboard.
    I wonder what kind of Autel technical support in the USA that does not have certain parts of this diagnostic tool.I spent hours phoning Autel dealers to come up with someone who is expert but everyone fences in with a simple answer WE DON'T KNOW.
    I'm so angry with myself that I can't tell you what I bought this shit for.
    The battery for the Elite is not the same as for the other Autel diagnostic tools.
    The good news is the tablet has been repaired but it only works directly plugged in power..
    Autel USA tech support told me that the tablet was not repairable.
    I don't believe in their expertise I believe they have no idea about the work they do.

Does anyone know where to buy MaxiSys Elite a motherboard?

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Nikola Tesla

2021-01-11 17:50:54 (Reply to:witsend)

Good joke :)) But Tesla was a bad trader like me.....

Does anyone know where I can only buy a laptop for MaxiSys Elite??????

I hope there are good traders here on the forum who know how to make money:))

I have contacted dozens of dealers but no one has any idea how to buy just a laptop for MaxiSys Elite.

Thank you for responding with a nice sense of humor:)))

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2021-01-12 09:14:55

The best tool on Autel is only MS908Pro 32gb although it's memory is not like elite 64gb but, no silly problems........ Also the new Ultra I can see people have started to complain.........

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Nikola Tesla

2021-01-19 18:35:58 (Reply to:Ashraf)

It does not make sense to me that Autel system components cannot be purchased separately .You can imagine buying a new Mercedes and when your engine breaks down you have to buy a new car and throw the "old" one in the trash.
    It’s a really stupid manufacturer policy.So I doubt the reliability of all other Autel products.For me it is not a serious company so I would rather buy some other diagnostic tool than Autel.
  Total1 Pages