Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > functionality not as stated
functionality not as stated

1118 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-02-11 14:18:56

•   Level 2   
    (20) points

2020-01-20 11:13:20
    I can get full functions with BMW merc and ssangyong but it won't do SAS on Honda civic or injection on Peugeot/citroen /landrover?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2020-02-11 07:43:20 (Reply to:)

no supprise there  it is not as good in a lot of respects that it was in 2014 i have just bought a new ms908 pro and some things are missing that work on my 2013 ms908. but then some things have improved but not peugoet/citroen still very poor.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-02-11 14:18:56 (Reply to:busaman)

They're  Glorified Code Reader on some older Toyota, Lexus vehicles over 10 years old there are modules that it can only read codes on but  it won't show live data , do active tests , or special functions for these modules, and might detect several other modules in the network but displays an exclamation mark, because it can't de-code them . I tried uploading datalogs in recent past but they don't seem to go through to their server. I can pull them in history , but for some reason it didn't save the reason I typed in for sending them and if I wanted to resend them now , I would have to type in the reason in again which I don't remember now .
     This is just my opinion . I think back in 2013 or 2014 it might have worked better because a lot of the software on it was thinly veiled copied OE software that flat out just worked. Over time Ford Sued and others threatened to and being that the Greedy Outsourcing C@cks@cking OE manufacturers now all have production factories in China and can grease the palms of Chinese bureaucrats to put the screw to Autel for copyright infringement , a lot of our so called updates is basically Optimizing this or that, basically wasting engineers time trying  to fluffing Sh@t up and dumbing stuff to look like a pretty Cream Puff. Best I figure is Replace the damn platform every several years, Keep the old 2013 DS 708 and MS908 for the old car software that was new at it's time, because all the layered Optimizations ,(basically  bureaucratic shuffling of software from legal pressures) may be compromising the overall functionality of older car software over time. The latest  Newest car software is probably going to work as good as it will ever be, because it takes time for the OE Legal Eagles to force Autel to do System Optimization updates to stuff that works too good for their liking. Like StrapOn they are starting to go the way of climbing into bed with the OE manufacturers on chance they toss a bone their way and dream up more specialized extra cost tools technicians will need to bend over and grab ankles to have to buy to do their jobs. I remember when the DS708 was the Flagship boasting 90% dealer capability, then the MS908P followed with J2534 and then the DS708 is relegated to an Entry Level Lube tech tool with limited coding. Now you got to get the IM608 if you expect to do more immobilizer , and buy separate ADAS if you are a body shop. Should have become a plumber and get paid to deal with real turds with the same style wrenches that worked in 1892 instead of paying for new tools for dealing with Virtual Bullsh@t    LMAO

Total1 Pages