Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > how can I find the diagnostic 8 and 12 i...
how can I find the diagnostic 8 and 12 in new model cars ?

1040 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-02-01 15:22:44

•   Level 2   
    (10) points

2020-02-01 12:06:15
    Where I can find it ?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-02-01 15:22:44 (Reply to:)

What Are you talking about ???
    Are you referring to 2018 and later Chrysler Fiat company vehicles equipped with SGMs ( Secure Gateway Modules )where Autel has a Chrysler 8 plus 12 adapter to bypass the SGMs in order to perform output testing and clear codes? If your MaxiSys has an active update subscription with a decent WIFI connection and  just need  to (output)and see all the modules codes and read live data without the ability to clear codes or perform active testing (outputs) , after MaxiSys  connects to Autel server and maxi Sys downloads some password for module access it does not display.
    The location of the SGM modules in these cars can vary depending on model, and the model year. The range of model years the Autel 8 plus 12 adapter is likely to be used on will likely be very narrow as chrysler Fiat will likely incorporate the SGM into another module in the near future.
      Snap Off was in bed with Chrysler and worked out something that besides  requiring techs to bend over and keep their update subs current (like Autel) :-( ,they must pay $50 a year and register their Testicles in the cloud if they want to be able to work on 2018 and up Chrysler Fiat vehicle lineup:-(( :-((
  Total1 Pages