Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Bmw e60 larger battery and type change n...
Bmw e60 larger battery and type change not possible in BMS ???

1159 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2020-05-27 03:08:26

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    Zagamuffin
    2020-05-15 17:14:30
     What am I doing wrong , getting into bms and trying to change 90ah Agm to 110a lead acid  and stepping through no probs but not accepting it, after saying no to pen manufacturers it just steps though and no change of details asked for, is it supposed to work out the current of new battery or should I be inputting it ???

Should be very easy to do or am I being stupid , new battery’s already fitted 
    Using an mk808 

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    Zagamuffin
    2020-05-16 13:27:31 (Reply to:Zagamuffin)
     Just found a video on YouTube where another guy couldn’t use the f2/f3 functions either to either change the amperage (f2) or agm to lead acid (f3) 

Can tech support here help ??

•   Level 3   
    (63) points
    GJD

2020-05-19 16:05:37 (Reply to:Zagamuffin)

Hi,

It seems to work with an Autel TS608, usually used for TPMS ...

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    Zagamuffin
    2020-05-25 15:50:03 (Reply to:GJD)
     i got a call from support last week and the guy on the phone tried telling me for ten minutes this wasnt possible even with me telling him its an option on my device and i can see the F1 F2 F3 commands in front of me.He eventually gave in and said they would need to remote into the unit to see what im talking about.surley they should have either knoledge or pdfs of all the screens and funtions if they are tech support.They could call me friday as agreed as out of the office and they cant dialll mobiles...

the saga continues and all this time my car is frying the lead acid higher cap battery i fitted in place of the low amp AGM as std.....

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-05-27 03:08:26 (Reply to:Zagamuffin)

Even years ago when I had a DS708 it had the F1, F2 , and F3 choices and they never worked when selected

All you can do is register a new battery exchange of the same type and amperage that was registered  before unless you have a maxi Sys Pro or Elite with the J box with a current update subscription and go into BMW programming. IMO I think this special function should be considered basic coding and not something that should require a MS908 pro or Elite with Jbox and reflashing of the BMS module to accomplish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnVg8KCF7KE&feature=youtu.be
  Total1 Pages