Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Chrysler SGM
Chrysler SGM

1340 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-05-25 03:22:44

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    pdiaz11
    2020-05-25 01:13:52
     I'm reading now that with our autel scanners can access or bypass chrysler/Dodge SGM for 2019 and newer chrysler vehicles with a yearly subscription. Any truth to this. Thanks 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-05-25 03:22:44 (Reply to:pdiaz11)

Yes , but what about all those that believe in right to repair and don't want to give FCA $50 a year to be able to do Bi directional testing of components and to clear codes on the Turds? We bought those Autel 12+8 adapter cables and I hope I still can get by with that and giving FCA the middle finger as long as possible.
      It would be awesome if legislation is passed where any car owner can opt to have their SGMs removed after the 3-36 warranties are over free of charge if they so desire. How many instances of car system hacking occur where the Hacker has caused a driver of a vehicle to have an accident? I'm thinking FCA had this planned way in advance and paid under table before that TV episode aired where the hacker got into a Chrysler product.
       This is BS that opens the flood gate to every manufacturer pulling this kind of BS and we'll all have to pay an extra grand expense every year to diagnose all makes. And they wonder why their is a shortage of qualified technicians.
  Total1 Pages