Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > No Active test available for fuel inject...
No Active test available for fuel injectors on a basic 2005 Ford Taurus 3.0 OHV? VIN U

1191 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-17 07:30:48

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-06-02 21:23:39
        My Bad , The Vehicle is a 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0 OHV  VIN code U that.Maxi Sys Elite let me down on today. Ford Software up to date. I  didn't see Special Functions listed , so exited Diagnostics and tried Service , and no fuel injector balance test was available in menu under fuel (only Evaporative Emission. Thought with an Elite it would have Fuel injector balance test by now but Figured with the Ford Lawsuit put an end to that idea. Kinda disappointing though and could have sworn my old DS708 would at least do active test of fuel injectors on  20 year old Fords. I was unable to upload a Data Log report. It just sat there spiraling around with grey screen for awhile before it said upload failed, despite having a good internet connection, so Kind of think they really don't want hear complaints about lost functionality on older cars that Ford had them disable. Kinda makes me wonder about updates that Optimize?  Are they creating more space and making the Tablet run a little faster and smoother by dumping some old contested car functionality  into the recycling bin ? :-(

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Tundra

2020-06-11 18:10:16 (Reply to:witsend)

I just picked up a Elite and messing around with the function menu on the Elite it seems like there is not a lot of functions pre 2007 ?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-06-17 07:30:48 (Reply to:Tundra)
     I think over time it just takes time for the OE manufacturer court challenges for protected  copyrighted software infringements and cease and desist to work through the court system where Autel either has to developed a creative work around to have the special function to still be able to work or release so called Software Optimization updates where the software works faster after some contested older car software functionality mysteriously no longer supported or disappears from menu which lightens the system load. I no longer have my old DS 708 to see if the fuel injector active test is there or not on a 3.0L OHV 2000 Ford  Taurus to be able to say that Autel actually removed the function or not, but I am suspicious of Updates that read Software Optimization of this or that, whether the gained speed or not.
      After overall Functionality is down to about the same level as a StrapOn unit and a Strap On looking like the better deal on the end of a Stick . Autel will release the Ultra 909 that probably going to have almost all the capability of an OE tool for brief time for all the newer cars for several years again. LOL
  Total1 Pages