Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Twisted Sensor
Twisted Sensor

991 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-04 05:00:08

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    shawn_
    2020-06-03 06:35:45
      Wondering if anybody has had issues with a sensor twisting about 90 degrees and the car not being able to detect it? Just had a problem where a sensor scanned fine with the handheld scanner, but the car had no reading from it. The installer reset all the sensors in the shop and the car was able to read it fine, but once the sensor went to sleep it never came back. The installer replaced the sensor (noted the twist) and car detected it almost immediately (after a TPMS system reset). Wondering if the orientation of the sensor affects the switch that turns on the sensor while driving?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-03 11:29:05 (Reply to:shawn_)

Bender the Robot says Kiss my Shiny Metal @.. I ain't taking your TPMS sensor back.
    That's like a doctor doing a Pecker transplant from a Tranny to a Lesbo, and sewing it on with the balz up. It ain't gonna work right.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    shawn_
    2020-06-04 05:00:08 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thanks for the interesting analogy! Can you elborbator as to why it wont work? Do you have knowledge of how the sensor is constructed? My thought was that the switch is triggered by centrifugal force which pushes a weight in a specific direction along a "track" which is parallel to the edge of the rim. If the track is not perfectly parallel the the weight is not fully pushed to the end and the switch is not triggered. Thoughts or further analogies welcome! 
  Total1 Pages