Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > server down
server down

917 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-12 19:13:23

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Maaxxyy
    2020-06-10 20:01:47
      I have a IM508 and went to my first job today and was unable to complete it because server issues. Tool is connected to my android phones hotsot and i was able to update the tool firmware.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-12 19:13:23 (Reply to:Maaxxyy)

Did you see if tool was able to register and update from your home or shop's network after you returned? What model Android phone and what phone network do you have? Maybe some Servers based in China don't have the most current network security certificates to be allowed to work through your specific phone network?
    I also just bought an IM 508 that I do not plan to register, update, and use it  until I get my first immobilizer job that I am certain my MaxiSys Elite will be unable perform. Some of the key programming of certain vehicles requires an internet connection for IM508 and IM608 and you only have 12 months of updates and server access for programming keys for those vehicles , so I don't want to register tool immediately and potentially waste months of update and server access if IM508 still sits unused, if my Go To MaxiSys Elite is able to do what I need it for in the meantime. Most of the folk need to order remotes and have the keys cut before I can do anything for them any how.
      I kind of wish Autel offered an IM508 Plus for a few hundred dollars extra with the XP400 instead of the XP200, because I seem to get calls from folk with Benz, BMW, and VW  that the XP200 probably can't do. I now have to drop another $500-$700 to obtain an XP400 where if it had the XP400 to begin with, it would only have added $200-$300 extra to the purchase price.
     Let us know what you had to do if you figure out how to get the Hot Spot of your Android phone to work for it.
  Total1 Pages