Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > What Exactly Are "Software Optimization"...
What Exactly Are "Software Optimization" Updates ?

1037 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-29 18:27:58

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-06-27 16:09:51
     I don't really like to leave the little red update indicator on my screen,  have always have clicked in blind faith that doing so will benefit me and installed any available updates whether it be added model coverage to GM, a Chinese make that added Vietnamese, or even FCA adding the fat man on a trapeze, but Software Optimization Updates are Scaring me. What exactly are software optimization dates? What specifically do they fix or restore functionality to.
      I don't know what they do , but I can tell you that older car functionality overall seems pretty compromised already IMO and I really don't want to fudging up what remains working because Autel periodically has to release updates to change software architecture as to be in compliance with any cease and desist orders from court and OE manufacturers and this covers their butts while splitting the seam on mine when some function on a 15 year old car no longer woks six months later. I know engineers want to give us all the functionality they can , and we would all love it if they just copied the OE software and gave it to us on a plate, however let's face it more and more of these out sourcing whore OE manufacturers have plants in China now, and have strong legal teams to make sure that their copyrighted software isn't copied and over time Autel has to show compliance and I believe Software Optimization is basically Scrambling an otherwise Sunny Side up. 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-06-29 18:27:58 (Reply to:witsend)

I don't know Wits, but my Android phone uses that term as it updates each app after it
    updates the android operating system.
    It seems like the coverage is going backwards now. Pretty soon I may just use OEM
    software for everthing domestic.
  Total1 Pages