Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2013 Ford Escape (USA)
2013 Ford Escape (USA)

1146 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-30 11:12:40

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2020-06-29 18:22:34
    I just had a 2013 Escape come in and I was amazed to see so much missing coverage! No coverage for the front wiper control module,does not communicate with it in any way, no codes, no bi directional controls,no active tests. It does cover the rear wiper module however, figure the reasoning behind that one!
    It does list one function for the front wiper module under the service menu, it's a front wiper module calibration. You can't diagnosis wipers but you can calibrate them.
    It looks like Autel is neglecting it's best tools and spending most of it's time on $20,000 ADAS tools. I'm not going to keep spending $2000 every year on updates if Autel is not updating the tools anyway. I have the 908P and IM608.
    At one time I hardly ever needed to take the time to fire up the IDS, looks like I'm going to be doing just that from now on.
    Kevin

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-30 11:12:40 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Got to figure a decade when Autel was a smaller company that hacked and reverse engineered the OE software we loved so much with a little Chinglish to go , there really weren't half as many OE manufacturers building vehicles  in China and ready and willing  to go after Autel for copyright infringement , but now a days I think they are cooperating with the OE manufacturers that have Chinese bureacrat on payroll to put the screw to them . My guess they are complying and in bed with the OE manufacturers probably conjuring up the next special tools they'll bend us all over for sooner or later.
  Total1 Pages