Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > IM508 Immobilizer PIN code retrieval on ...
IM508 Immobilizer PIN code retrieval on old Chrysler

1260 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-07-02 23:38:52

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-06-30 09:47:12
     I wanted to try out my new IM508 and figured out of boredom I would check out it's capability to retrieve immobilizer PIN code on an 02 Chrysler Sebring and figure I would record PIN# in the owners manual for future reference in the event I ever need to add a key in the future, I would have it recorded in owners manual . I was disappointed mid way in the PIN retrieval process you can't just escape from the procedure after it instructed me to remove the working chipped key  and put a pre cut non chipped blade key I didn't have to turn the ignition cylinder. WTF. Suggestion for Autel. Why can't before entering procedure show a procedure Pre-requisite check list before you start any given  procedure without any quick exit option especially  if there are some things you might  need to first have in order to perform the procedure especially if it requires non included extra cost optional equipment like an XP 400, APB112, G box , or extra labor to access a  module, so you know what you are in for.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-06-30 21:58:20 (Reply to:witsend)

Wits, those Chysler's 2005 and back don't broadcast the pin number over the data link.
    That is why you have to jump through those hoops. It does work however if you have a
    new key to program.
    There is another way to get the pin, with the 608 you can read the eeprom that is in the
    skim module. I have done that before. The problem that I have not worked out yet is
    where exactly is the pin number amongst the raw data from the eeprom.
    Most Chysler's 2006 and up the tool pulls the pin with no problem.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-07-02 23:38:52 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Thanks Kevin ,  I scanned a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country today with my IM 508 and through live data was able to determine that the AC pressure transducer was reading too low of a pressure compared to gauge pressure for the PCM to see to activating the cooling fans to pull air through the condenser. A $49 Santech MT0694 AC pressure transducer from autozone with a one year warranty seemed to do the same  trick as OE one that lists for $124  from Chrysler which costs double to help offset some of their warranty units :-))
      Wow, Guess I saved enough $ going aftermarket to pay for AutoAuth for 18 and up models for a year, however I think  I'ld rather use the bypass cable for awhile  and cause some annoying dash rattles to convince folk to buy another make of car that don't make the mechanic jump through hoops to fix their car or cost them $50 a year and and keeping an active update subscription on his tool  just to scan one.
      I did go into Immobilizer (for Fobik key) and was easily able to pull and record the immobilizer password for my customer for future reference if he wants to add another Fobik key later, and then I  can add the new key later with my regular go to MaxiSys Elite.:-)) You never know if or when they will start  downgrading the IM tools, where  and it won't actually display the passwords/ PINs any longer and instead be hidden and encrypted relying on a AutoAuth LSID Enema of private information and another $100 or more down the drain:-((
      So I will pull as many PIN numbers as possible while I can for my customers for future reference while the getting is still good on them . 

Total1 Pages