Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > How do you update the ML629 MaxiLink sof...
How do you update the ML629 MaxiLink software for Honda?

948 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-07 20:44:47

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Laundry
    2020-07-20 18:05:53
     How do you update the ML629 MaxiLink software for Honda?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    oldccc

2020-08-07 20:44:47 (Reply to:Laundry)

Hi Laundry,

With the power off of the ML629:
    1.  Plug the USB mini cable into the ML629
    2.  Hold the left arrow key on the ML629
    3.  Plug the other end of the USB cable into your computer (Unless you are using a Mac, see below)
    4.  When you see the screen of the ML629 show the picture of the tester, the green circle, and the sd card, you can let go of the left arrow key.
    5.  Run the Maxi Suite PC program.
    6.  Log into the Autel ID prompt
    7.  Select the update or updates you want to install from 'Upgrades Available' tab.

Maxi Suite PC Mac v 1.12:
       The one negative comment I can make, has to do with the supported operating systems that are used to update the ML-629's software.
    For example, using Apple Mac OS 10.15.5 Catalina with all updates installed, I have to remove the SD card from the ML-629, use a USB sd card adapter, plug it in the computer, run the Maxi Suite PC program (Mac v1.12) which crashes before running, hit the 'ignore' button displayed, immediately run the Maxi Suite PC program a second time, and it runs correctly. Maxi Suite PC Mac recognizes the inserted sd card and will let you update the available data updates.

The Mac version of the program does not have a Print Tool, which you can use to print out your saved error codes from your vehicle.
    The Windows version of the program does have the Print Tool.

All in all, the ML-629 is a high quality tester and includes a removable OBD cable, USB mini cable, a nice carrying case, a printed User Manual, a printed Quick Start Guide, and a removable 8GB sd card that the vehicle and ML629 data is stored on.

The Autel Technical Support is quick to respond, but their community forum is lacking decent threads on the ML629, but I don't consider that to reflect negatively on Autel. It is up to us, the community, to respond and post when we can share info and insight, not just when we need help.

I like all of the features, and abilities of this unit. I needed ABS and Transmission insight. I was using an older Edge CS diesel to read my codes, but it would only see a P1000.
    With the ML-629, I am able to see P1000, P0565, P0566, P0567, P0568, P0569, C1175, C1236, B2900, U1900.

I hope this helps.

Total1 Pages