Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > IM508 on 2015 VW Jetta
IM508 on 2015 VW Jetta

1209 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-21 21:48:57

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-07-29 01:01:51
     2015 VW Jetta made in Mexico . Customer brought me a working switchblade remote key with an unprogrammed new switch blade remote key. It initially only programmed the remote to work but the key would not start the car. I tried other option that involved the programmer ( XP200) It ended up where neither remote would work however I got the keys to start the car. Tried different methods to program the remotes and nothing seemed to work. I was disappointed This is only the second vehicle I tried out the  IM 508 Immobilizer since April and it failed to do correctly or completely what I needed it for so far .After three strikes, I think it's gonna be outta here.

Tags: problem

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-07-29 19:59:52 (Reply to:witsend)

Wits,
    I called Autel tech support when I had trouble programming a Mazda key, they were
    very helpfull. Have the car handy, your tool hooked up then give them a call. Don't VW
    have a keyless entry system called "kessy"?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-07-31 13:50:17 (Reply to:Kevin H)
     Thanks Kevin , but unfortunately the customer was waiting too long , it was later in the day and USA support on East coast was already closed. I think I just need to get more experience with key programming. I think maybe  I should have backed up the Eprom info ,and may have initially selected that it had KESSY when it only has regular keyless entry fob key and that screwed the pooch. It had a bunch of options to choose like. Smart mode, Automatic mode, Manual mode, Expert mode, but no Dumb F@ck Mode for me with a simple add switch blade key and fob:-(
      Also if a non included IM 508 accessory is required to achieve the listed menu selection, on the menu of tool or when checking function viewer , there should be a small symbol with footnote next to function saying requires an XP400 programmer, G box , or smartkey emulator is needed .

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-07-31 22:55:48 (Reply to:witsend)

European cars are the most difficult when it comes to key programming. Smart mode
    is supposed to walk you through the process step after step, Expert mode you could
    skip steps and choose what function you want to use in the order that you want.
    Manual mode as far as I can tell you must indentify what protocol and imobilizer type
    and select it yourself.
    Going in to the imobilizer for the first time programming a key I would do a VIN scan
    then use smart mode.'

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-09 03:08:22 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I recently did some updates to my IM508 which included VW, so I might attempt to add the 2015 VW Jetta remotes again if the customer wants me to take another shot at it. Not sure if it requires XP 400 or XP 200 will suffice.
      On a side note I though I saw a little red dot over the settings App for a firmware update , that i did not see the red notice dot come back, so I don't know if Autel decided to pull the firmware update , or it was addressed and  integrated into the system update or what?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-19 04:43:56 (Reply to:Kevin H)
       Today I did front and rear brakes on a 2019 VW Tiguan 4 Motion and grabbed the IM508 , It did a auto scan fine , but wanted to see if it could do the retraction of the electronic parking brake in service app , but it could not communicate to back off the electronic parking brake. The tool showed a firmware update available in settings. It was strange that it only wanted to do the firmware update with the cable plugged into the vehicle, because if I brought it into the house to do the firmware update and system update the software update showed ,but firmware update did not show. I plugged it back into the vehicle and then the firmware update showed. I unplugged the cable and it showed a diagram to plug cable to vehicle. I don't know why , but I did the firmware update , and the system update that had a strange description of optimize the paid experience. My guess is maybe Autel might be pulling some information out of some vehicles that engineers may need  to understand their inner workings a little better. It still did not do the electronic parking brake Failed to communicate. i checked fuses ok and verified the electronic parking brake works and releases from switch. I grabbed my MaxiSy Elite, and did an auto scan fine but from diagnostics , special function the electronic parking brake function didn't work. I went into Hot function and entered Vin manually tried it and it didn't initially communicate , but I operated the switch on and off manually and after that the tool was able to communicate and perform the electronic parking brake function thankfully.It might be something you can try to get the tool to see the electronic parking brake if it fails to communicate

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-08-21 21:48:57 (Reply to:witsend)

I had a similar problem with a 2016 VW. Don't remember the model but it was pretty
    much like you said. I think I may have went in to the "service" menu and could not
    communicate. I then went in to the parking brake module and it worked. That was with
    a 908P.
  Total1 Pages