Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Gents, I bought a Maxipro MP808 System a...
Gents, I bought a Maxipro MP808 System and I cannot get the tablet to work on a vehicle. Can someone guide me, please

1157 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-12-12 04:26:27

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    PedroBarrios
    2020-12-10 15:54:27
     Gents, I bought a Maxipro MP808 Diagnostics tablet and I cannot get it to work on a vehicle. When I connect it to the vehicle DLC and press the engine diagnostic, a screen comes on that tells me that I must connect to the internet the first time I use this software. A company tech told me to press the ignore button, which I did. Then I pressed the auto vin button and a screen comes on and tells me that I need to connect to the internet. I then went to the locator and navigation buttons and pressed on the button that turns on the Androit built-in browser. A screen comes on and tells me that http://www. Autel.com could not be loaded because "Net:ERR_name_not_Resolved" How can I correct this and will this correct the problem with the internet connection screens that keep popping up and not allow me to work on the vehicle. I am new to this machine and not happy that I am unable to use it. Other scanners that I own and use have never given me this type of problems. I just connect them to the car's DLC, turn on the key engine off, and once they connect I can start getting the DTCs and take it from there. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance. Pete

Tags: PRO

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2020-12-10 17:46:06 (Reply to:PedroBarrios)

i recently bought a mk908 and it was saying the same thing regarding  internet. mine was saying i have only 10 tries until i confirm my account. so i guess you have to firstly connect to the internet and download the files in the update section that pertain to the car that you are trying to scan. it work  for me after i connect to the internet one time only just the ensure the device have the latest data for the car i am going to work on

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-12-12 04:26:27 (Reply to:PedroBarrios)

If you bought it new, you now have  to register the device before it allows you to access to diagnostics. A year or two ago you were limited to about 10 cars before forced to register units , and several years or more ago, if the software it had on it was good enough to get by on with  older cars, you could postpone registration for quite awhile without need to update getting newer car coverage that potentially disable some  older car software functionality. Autel put an end to this practice since the warranty and 1 year update period started the day you registered the unit and they were likely to incur more warranty expense and not sell as many Total Care Updates .
      WARNING , IF OUT OF UPDATE PERIOD WITHOUT DESIRE TO BUY AN UPDATE, DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET AND THINK  A COPY AND PASTE OF SCAN FOLDER BACKUP, WILL FIX IT. YOU WILL NEED TO CONNECT IT TO INTERNET AFTERWARDS AND GET AN ERROR CODE IF EXPIRED AND NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS DIAGNOSTICS. ONLY DELETE THE PROBLEM APP AND CHERRY PICK WHAT YOU NEED FROM YOUR BACKUP SOFTWARE TO ATTEMPT REPAIR!
  Total1 Pages