Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Front Control Module not listed in contr...
Front Control Module not listed in control unit for 2006 Dodge Charger

1136 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-12-21 20:15:07

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-12-21 03:23:14

I don't know why the Maxi Sys Elite does not list or communicate with FCM (Front Control module )that is part of the CAN C communication network. This module is like a Body Control Module that piggy backs on the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module)and controls some fused battery functions with the TIPM. I am trying to rule out loss of communication issues for a U0001 and u0002 codes to one of the CAN C network modules possibly taking the network down, but if I unplug this module I don't think much of anything electrical is going to function. Problem is dash light up like a christmas tree when stuff stops communicating on the CAN C network and transmission goes into limp mode.
      The Diagnostic repair software pinpoint tests for CAN C code U0001 says to connect to the FCM and Maxisys Elite Auto scan does not show FCM on the scan and FCM is not found in list of select-able modules. Why doesn't Autel Support this module yet on this 14 year old Chrysler product? From Windows PC I have my MP408 Maxi scoping the CAN C network at pin 11 and pin 15 of the ABS control module to give a decent image set at 1.0V div at 20us/div , but not seeing anything that either wire is being pulled to ground or shorted to battery.

Also the forum editing does not allow me to delete or change an uploaded photo :-(

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-12-21 20:15:07 (Reply to:witsend)
     I was happy to see my MP408 scope worked good off my PC watching the CAN C communication. I didn't see any harness damage, and didn't want to access beneath Console and under dash for other module connectors, so luckily the local salvage yard recently got a 3.5L 2006 Charger I grabbed the TIPM and Front Control module off of even though the one I'm working on has a 5.7 L. Even though the part #s ended in a different letters, it's a POS old Dodge and worth a gamble. I swapped them out and made sure to put the fuses and relays from the old one into the replacement's  vacant fuse and relay positions since the TIPM from the 6 cylinder charger lacked some of the accessories of the 8 cylinder fully equipped vehicle possesses. I was very happy that all the electrical accessories worked , and there were no idiot lights or VIN mismatch codes generated from the different TIPM and FCM. I only had to. calibrate the steering angle sensor
  Total1 Pages