Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > One year free software update if not ava...
One year free software update if not avail what will happen?

1078 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-30 03:13:23

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    John C
    2021-01-30 00:57:31
    I just received my new Maxicom MK808BT. What will happen if I will not avail for the free update this year? Will it still be valid next year

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2021-01-30 01:48:20 (Reply to:John C)

The one year of free updates start at the date you register your device. The hardware warranty start at the date you bought the device.  

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-01-30 03:13:23 (Reply to:John C)

Not that long ago you could buy a new Maxi Sys and use it indefinitely as is with the software it came with if you didn't work on new enough vehicles until you had a need to register it in order to update it for newer car coverage.
      When I bought my Maxi Sys Elite a year and a half ago it prompted me to connect to internet and register the tool and only allowed me to connect to 10 vehicles without registering the device before it would lock me out of diagnostics.
      The IM508 I bought 8 months ago wouldn't allow me to access anything until it was connected to the internet first and registered it, so I would be surprised if your new MK808BT would allow you to use it without connecting it to the internet first and registering the device. 
  Total1 Pages