Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
EEPROM

1049 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-02-11 20:55:19

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2021-02-03 21:22:43
    Hi guys, I hope someone has an answer for my problem. I have a BMW E90 in my shop. The owner jumped the car and now I have no commucation with the footwell module. I removed the circuit board from the module,soldered my 4 leads on just like the diagram in the IM608 tells you to. I tried reading the EEPROM and IF got a message that said 0 data.
    I then tried to partition the EEPROM. I used 16 setting for the EEPROM and 0 for the Dflash. I clicked "write partition" and got a message "function complete". I then tried to write the EEPROM again I I get a "partition error".
    I can read the Pflash fine so my connections would have to be good right?
    How do IT get past this partition error?
    I talked to Autel support on the phone today but the guy that answered the phone didn't even know that the IM is capable of writing EEPROM's and IF don't think that he knew what that was!

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2021-02-03 21:27:04 (Reply to:Kevin H)
    Sorry about the type O's. Half the time I type "I" and the darn tablet changes it to "if" or
    "it". I didn't notice until I posted the message.

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2021-02-04 21:19:34 (Reply to:Kevin H)

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2021-02-11 20:55:19 (Reply to:promaster)
    Thanks Promaster, I'm pretty sure that the problem is that the IM608 can't get around
    a security bit in the EEPROM. The tool tells you that it only works on unsecured chips
    but I assumed that means incripted chips. Mine is not encripted but it may have a
    security bit. I probably did more harm than good. I tried to partition the EEPROM and
    the Dflash. If that took, it erased both chips so now I will have to find an EEPROM dump
    to revive the module.
    Thanks for the link. It's too bad they want $25 to register for that forum.
  Total1 Pages