Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Immobilizer Key FOB programming ?
Immobilizer Key FOB programming ?

1255 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-02-12 22:13:11

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    dquickestE55
    2021-02-06 16:29:03
     I have a MaxySys Elite with the J2534 programming Device . 
    I need to program New FOBs to a 2009 L322 Range Rover . 
    I see that it has tabs to do this but I have been bitten before when trying to do this same thing on a 2006 Jeep Wrangler which should be straight forward , but apparently not . When I did this programming on the Jeep the tool stated that it was successful and the programming was complete . But it did not work . 

I am nervous about trying this same thing on a Rover . I don't want to buy a new computer and key for this customer . 
    At the same time I want to be able to perform what this scan tool claims that it can do . It shows that it can , so I want to be able to do so . 
    These are aftermarket key FOBs with the correct 315mhz frequency . and they do program to lock , unlock and open the rear tailgate . That programming is done with a certain sequence of button pushing on FOB and vehicle . 
    To program the chip to the Immobilizer is another story . Please help . I don't want to screw this up . Thanks so much for your time with this . 

Regards , Dustin 

•   Level 3   
    (60) points
    LukasPuzia

2021-02-12 22:13:11

Hey dustin, the programming of a new fob won't work,coz you need a special tool for this job
  Total1 Pages