Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Brand new MP808 K out of box
Brand new MP808 K out of box

1175 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-03-27 00:56:13

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    RickGriffin
    2021-03-24 14:17:25
     2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL - First vehicle unit is plugged into.  After acquiring the VIN, (auto or manual) prompts are wanting "versions" of modules. How would I know if the scan tool can't find that info on auto select. ? Autel Tech told me to get that info from dealer. I can't ask the dealer for info every time. Is this scanner truly functional, or does this unit have a glitch, or is it just the way it is ?
    Some examples of prompts, *Inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module version 3 or 4 * Power steering control module -0 or -2 * Front seat heating control module version 0402 or 0401 *Telematics communication interface control module version 10 8 9 * Seat memory control module. "Community Link" on unit is outdated. Wouldn't accept post through unit. All updates are downloaded / installed. 
    Please help. 
    file:  DSCN0322[1].JPG

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    RickGriffin
    2021-03-27 00:56:13 (Reply to:RickGriffin)
     From all the research I have done, it appears the questions are if unimportance as the Autel Tech first told me. I question "why" these prompts appear if not applicable to the vehicle ? One local GM dealership I spoke with use Autel as their "go to" for non Buick. They said just choose "something" on the screen to get on to the actual scan information. Two techs at the local dealership stated they don't use snap-on after using Autel. I guess I will blow off the prompts and see where this all goes. ??????
  Total1 Pages