Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 2000 VW all keys lost Potential Mobile T...
2000 VW all keys lost Potential Mobile Technician Job

867 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2021-10-23 16:05:20

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend
    2021-10-23 16:05:20

I have an IM 508 with an XP 400 that the update period is expired, and have purchased a 1yr update for it and plan to activate the 1year update for it when I get an immobilizer job that requires an internet connection to Autel's server.

I tried checking Vehicle Coverage for a 2000 VW Golf (US region) and there is no listing found , however I see a promising video of a tech doing an All Keys lost on a 2000 VW Jetta including replacing the instrument cluster. There was a point in the video where the IM608 or OttoIM600 required an internet connection which I assume had to connect to Autel server for something (that requires an active update to get a file needed to perform the function).

I  know I can tether my phone as a hot spot to my IM508 or MaxiSys Elite to get some connection to the internet, however, I don't know if Autel provides any more key programming support for VWs that required a connection to Autel's server any more. Here is link to a video, and there was a required internet connection at one point. Is this VW All Keys Lost situation still Doable, or Not with IM608, and or IM508 with XP400? (2000 VW Golf.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zll4s4_Vkw&t=11s

Total1 Pages