Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2015 Mustang "key not detected" issue
2015 Mustang "key not detected" issue

1021 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2023-03-01 07:09:52

•   Level 3   
    (70) points
    Tony Smith Jr
    2021-12-07 21:35:13
    Apparently smart key, no lock-unlock functions and "key not detected", if placed into the rear cup holder starts fine. Batteries checked, key transmits strong 315MHz, programmed another key - same exact issue. Checked 10Amp fuse #32 - all well. No more ideas.  

•   Level 3   
    (70) points
    Tony Smith Jr
    2021-12-10 14:36:09 (Reply to:Tony Smith Jr)
     No more life on this planet, as usual. Resolved.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    copyless

2021-12-22 18:26:54

Did you erase all keys before programming a new key? 
     Do you have two keys programmed for the vehicle? I ask this because the car will program a new key itself, if you have two keys already programmed for the car.
     I would try to replace the battery in the key one more time, wait, I see you mentioned no lock/unlock so I would say that you have not told the programmed the pats, and somehow it got corrupted.
     When you place the key in the cupholder it doesn't need a battery. 
     I would replace the battery again and try it, if no go, I would get every key for the vehicle make sure they all have good batteries, then erase all keys for the vehicle, then program all keys to the vehicle, then access the pats and marry all the keys to the car. If somehow this doesn't work , then I will say you somehow have a bad receiver, because that's the only way the last thing does not work, if the keys are the correct freq.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2023-03-01 07:09:52 (Reply to:Tony Smith Jr)

Hi mate I'm having the same issue. I have 2017 mustang in Australia. Just wondering
    how you fixed it?. Cheers tristan
  Total1 Pages