Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 05 Dodge 3500 Diesel PCM swap VIN
05 Dodge 3500 Diesel PCM swap VIN

871 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2022-03-28 16:27:51

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    Derek Simenac
    2022-02-26 12:50:13
     Wondering if someone can help? 05Dodge 3500 diesel PCM swap. Go to write the VIN thru diagnostics and there are no special functions so went in thru IMMO and I can write the VIN but it asks for the PIN code which Autels don't do for that year so called dealer for pin. Entered pin and I get invalid pin message so I pulled SKIM to read the eeprom but the 8316AA eeprom is not listed. Came across another site that's says to use one of the numbers listed. Tried every one of them and pin read failed every time. I did managed to get a dump but when I clear out to go into programming function I go to load the fill and it fails. I've done early jeeps with Hemi transplants but never needed a pin to change the vin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This Autel is making me look bad every time I get an older Chrysler call. 

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    lwoood

2022-03-28 16:27:51 (Reply to:Derek Simenac)

that eeprom doesn't show up on any google search! haven't seen a dodge with a fake badge YET but.. is it 8 legged? have you used auto detect in eeprom menu? do you use an x400?
  Total1 Pages