Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Unable to communicate directly with cont...
Unable to communicate directly with control modules 2018 XC90

2062 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2023-02-09 09:03:02

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    JonathanLalich
    2022-05-04 19:05:43

I have the MS906BT with expired subscription. I have a problem on 2016+ XC90s, which I need clarification on. I’m only having problems with this platform (flex-ray, relatively new platform), scanning other platforms ok. The VCI is connected to the Autel. I have an active internet connection and can browse websites.

I can do an “autoscan” or “gateway autoscan” and it will list all fault codes. I can generate a report for these fault codes. I can clear all fault codes. When I attempt to connect to a specific module I get “Download calibration file failed! Check the network please!”. After that screen I get “Device unable to communicate with the control unit.”  I'm not getting this on other vehicles. Are there configuration files I can clear independently of resetting the device? Anything I can try?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Smeets Solutions

2022-05-24 10:39:08

I have the same issue on cx40 did you found solution?

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    KarolisG

2022-08-08 20:45:56

Hi,I have same issue with my MaxiCOM MK808 when trying to connect to my 2017 Volvo V90, on my wife's Volvo C30 works no problem at all, I'm trying to contact customer support but seems like the could not care less about replying ...

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    KarolisG

2022-08-08 20:46:44

Hi,I have same issue with my MaxiCOM MK808 when trying to connect to my 2017 Volvo V90, on my wife's Volvo C30 works no problem at all, I'm trying to contact customer support but seems like the could not care less about replying ...

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    KarolisG

2022-08-17 14:15:24

Hey, quick update.
    I have contacted and submitted datalog to Autel tech support andand here is response from them "The problem was caused by your device subscription expired, and it is necessary to renew subscription firstly. Thanks for understanding." Now I'm no sure what do they mean by saying "renew subscription firstly" is it renew subscription and it will work, or its more of a renew subscription and our technicians will investigate issue further, so I replayed this to them also asked why Autel is not telling that after subscription end people won't be able to read live data and access fault codes etc. So waiting for reply now

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Gelis

2022-12-19 14:32:10

I don't know if you get any replay from Autel  I don't know if you get any replay from Autel but my experience with their support is bad. I have exactly the same problem with my MP808TS where it does not work without a subscription to Volvo's SPA platform 2017 and up.
    This is pure scandal as I asked Autel specifically about this when I bought the scanner, The answer was that it will work without a subscription on everything that existed before the subscription expired. Which is pure bullshit.
    Renewing the subscription costs more than buying a new scanner.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2023-01-24 12:20:42 (Reply to:Gelis)

It seems to be related to the new Doip protocol.
    I had the same story with Delphi. Need a separate cable.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Ben

2023-01-26 11:28:43

with actif subscription no problem my 906 bt exppred dit not work my ultra with subschription no problem 
    if you can't make the money with this don't do it. go to someone who can

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2023-02-09 09:03:02

You will require an active subscription as XC90 2015 onwards and all other Volvo models 2017 onwards have a security gateway so require permission to access any module which is only granted with an active subscription.
  Total1 Pages