Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Can I Use Brute Force Cables with Autel ...
Can I Use Brute Force Cables with Autel IM508 when programming Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler that require by-pass?

705 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2023-04-12 13:24:26

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2023-04-10 15:24:32
      Can I Use Brute Force Cables with Autel IM508 when programming Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler that require by-pass? Every time we plug into these vehicles that require a by-pass, out programmer tells us to contact a dealer for a certain cable which we do not have and requires us to pull the stereo out and all kinds of invasive stuff like parts of the dash so that we can access a module. 

HOWEVER, 

If I could only use the Brute Force type cables like Smart Box and Xtool (Auto Pro Pad) use, I could easily program these vehicles in minutes without destroying my customer's car. I have just for experimentation tried to hook up Brute Force cables with the Can-H and Can-L to a customer's vehicle with the Autel IM508 and it did take me further, however, it would not communicate with the ECM. So, we are kinda stuck when it comes to DODGE, JEEP, and CHRYLSER that require a by-pass. 

•   Level 9   
    (3873) points

2023-04-11 10:16:13 (Reply to:)

Hi,you need to use the 12+8 cable for Chrysler and fiat products,however the latest
    scanners now have build in gateway pass troughs ,I have heard,so check this at your
    Autel dealer.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2023-04-12 13:24:26 (Reply to:)
     Thank you. We just obtained our Autel this past Summer (2022). It is killing us, the video to use that cable 90% of the time shows that you have to be a surgeon and remove so much from the customer's car just to plug in. I will have to contact Autel directly in hopes they will put out a cable or update that allows the use of Brute Force cable or similar. It just doesn't make sense when programmers before this use them and make it so much easier, less invasive, and significantly less time consuming. 

That 12+8 Cable sucks.
  Total1 Pages