Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > MaxiAP AP2500 unable to do Custom or Ful...
MaxiAP AP2500 unable to do Custom or Full scan of 2004 Prius

67 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2024-09-11 13:09:56

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2024-09-09 10:38:42
     When I do a Basic Scan, no DTCs are found, but only Engine, Engine II and Fuel Systems are apparently being checked.  Car is not charging 12V battery, and suspect DC-DC Converter Inverter Assembly is bad, but want to verify which DTC I should be chasing.  Dealership reported they found DTC P0A08 when they had car, and all they did to "fix" was charge the new 12V battery that I had just installed.  Car ran and charged 12V battery fine for about a month, now get Brake, ABS, Check Engine Light, VCS warning lights when 12V battery voltage gets low, and red triangle with ! inside when I put into Drive.  And continuous warning buzzer.  Followed instructions for installing MaxiAP Diag app on Android Phone running on Android Version 13.  Shouldn't this scan dongle and app be capable of reading Hybrid Vehicle (HV) System related DTCs?

•   Level 9   
    (4746) points

2024-09-10 16:15:36 (Reply to:)

Hi,your car has a circuit malfunction in the converter and stops converting operation
    causing the auxiliary battery voltage to drop below 11 volts, and than many functions
    will stop working ,the converter and the wiring should be inspected.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2024-09-10 21:52:50 (Reply to:)
    Thanks for your reply.  The DC-DC Converter Inverter is my main suspect, but I just wanted to be able to perform a scan and get the same P0A08 code that the dealer reported before undertaking removal and replacement.  After three days, Tech Support gave me link to a newer version of the App that allowed me to do a Full Scan, and after the 12V battery was below 11 volts, I got the same P0A08 code.  Now in the process of following the Inspection Procedure for that DTC just to be certain it is the converter.

•   Level 9   
    (4746) points

2024-09-11 13:09:56 (Reply to:)

Hi, why you do not believe your dealer? It must be wiring or converter itself. when
    checked with a voltage tester on the battery and the cars ignition on it should show
    13,8 to14. Volts ,if not the converter does not supply voltage to battery and it will be
    drained in a short time giving all these troubles.
  Total1 Pages