Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > J2534 device still not validated?
J2534 device still not validated?

8752 Views 23 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-07 18:55:23

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    k2356
    2014-10-01 09:37:14
     Its only been 10 months since this tool has been out. Why is the J2534 device not been validated by any manufactures?
    If your buying this tool to perform reflashes, you will be sadly disapointed. Technicians have bought this tool with the expectation that it can perform reflashes. They have paid for this tool with the year subcription to find that you cant perform the reflashes unless you take the responsibilty to attempt a reflash and hope it doesnt fail and corrupt a module,and thats if you can even flash it at all. This tool should have been validated when it came out. Now we have technicians that cant use this tool for the designed purpose of reflashing, the version level on the Jbox is at 3.XX  when all manufactures want 4.XX to perform reflashes. I am sure they might update the version on the J2534 device just in time for everyone to have to renew their subcription. This is not right and something should have been done about this along time ago.

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    k2356
    2014-10-21 10:12:39
     The tool is still not validated by ANY manufacture and still cant perform MANY reflashes/updates.  Why has Autel still not validated this tool with any manufacture? Why has the J2534  API software version not been updated yet? most manufactures want v4.04  when the autel is stuck at v3.XX   Here is an example of a manufactures validated J2534 supported passthru tooling. Kia includes,  Drewtech,Vetronix,Snap-on,Actia,Otto,Bluestreak,AE tools,Dearborn,Bosch,CardoneEase. I dont see Autel listed anywhere? I encourage everyone to check other manufactures to see which J2534 passthru device has been validated for use on their vehicles. I have yet to see one that includes Autel. So if you reflash or attempt a programming with this tool you are essentially doing the validation for Autel, and lets not forget ... what happens if and when that flash fails? is Autel going to cover that cost of that module? very unlikely.  The Autel J2534 passthru tool has been a huge flop since it was released. 

So WHEN is Autel going to fix this???? 

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    wgregkz1

2014-10-24 03:36:07 (Reply to:k2356)

Yes,you are correct

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    JamesH

2014-10-28 16:14:10 (Reply to:k2356)

I AGREE WITH MOST THAT. IT WAS MISREPRESENTED TO ME AS WELL. HOWEVER, I DO USE IT REGULARLY WITH TIS2WEB/GM AND FMP/FORD ''AS A VALIDATED DEVICE. NO ISSUES YET. ALSO USE THE FREE GM PROGRAMMING WEEKLY. NO ISSUES YET. EVERYTHING IS O.O.T.Q. AS FDAR AS I'M CONCERNED. STILL CHEAPER THAN VERUS AND WALKS ALL OVER IT THOUGH.

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    k2356
    2014-10-30 22:11:54 (Reply to:JamesH)
     It's not validated by GM or Ford.  Just because it works on the odd gm or ford it doesn't mean the tools been validated. If your talking about the free gm programming in the Maxisys system then I can tell you it's hit and miss ....and it will leave you stranded way more often then not. It's certainly not a programming device you can rely on at this time.  In my opinion on a scale of 1-10 ... The maxisys J2534 passthru device is a 2 and thats being generous. This tool should have been able to do more then 5% of gm's when it first came out, I was told it could program 07+ Gm's. I had it hooked up to a 07 Yukon trying to program a PCM and the tool said "not supported". I would still like to know which 5% it can do ?          
                Seeing how this tool was designed and manufactured In China, you would think the J2534 device would have been able to reflash/update Honda or Acura pcm's.( It still can't even do that and the J2534 software from honda is free.) Now that a good number of subscriptions will be coming due in the next few months because it's my understanding this tool comes with one year of free updates. Techs will now have to pay to update for another year for a tool that hasn't worked from the beginning and still continues not to effectively work. I think Autel should extend the subscriptions to whoever bought these maxiflash systems to compensate for the lack of programming capabilities the tool was released with and advertised for and still lacks these capabilities to this very day.

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    Frederick Wiedmer

2014-11-06 08:06:48 (Reply to:k2356)

Yes I agree that this tool is not validated to do reprogramming by any automotive
    manufactuers none what so ever and yes I have had many problems because of this
    and lost money in the process they need to address this issue asap how do we to
    about this?

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    big bri 123

2014-11-25 13:54:35

I am considering getting the pro to try the passs thru bit so I've been reading all these posts this one has realy caught my eye because there isn't any replies from support
    Saying anything or atempting to defend their flagship top of the range model

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    big bri 123

2014-11-25 13:58:34

Mmmm??? Kinda makes you wana spend a coupe of grand doesent it
    Ps to support a grand is= to £1000 pounds english moey

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-05 22:42:58 (Reply to:k2356)

-

•   Level 10