Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > programming honda with maxiflash pro
programming honda with maxiflash pro

12821 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-06 10:46:45

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    jensen service
    2015-02-27 13:55:03
    I'm trying to reflash a honda crv using the maxiflash pro and honda pass thru programming app on latop, but I will not recognize it. Sets error code. Anybody have luck with hondas using autels j2534 ?

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-02-27 14:42:56 (Reply to:jensen service)

You need to load the drivers for the J2534 module. It is on the CD that came with the scanner or you can download it from this website.  After you load the drivers, you will see the Autel J2534 module on the list in Honda's flash software.  There has been talk about it interfering with other OEM software like the Techstream etc.  So it is better to have it on a fresh install and disable anti-virus when flashing.

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    jensen service
    2015-03-04 10:18:20 (Reply to:Dave08902)
    Already have the j2534 software on laptop. Works good for flashing gm, don't have any
    other software on it. Followed hondas requirements for there program and still
    nothing. I have tried 2 different hondas and still the same, says communication error
    with dlc. Contacted honda and they said since they offer free flashing with the j2534
    program that they don't offer any support or it

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    Honda does not recognize the maxi flash J2534 VCI SORRY I ALSO TRIED TIME AND
    TIME AGAIN,AUTEL IS NOT A VALIDATED VCI MANUFACTUER WHEN YOU GO TO THE
    HONDA ACURA SITE IT WILL TELL YOU WHICH VCI THEY RECOGNIZE LIKE
    BOSCH,DREW TECH,SNAP ON,AND A FEW OTHERS NOT AUTEL AS OF YET,BEEN
    THERE DONE THAT,I bought the snap on pass thru pro 2 and it worked fine and just to
    be sure I re tried the maxi flash and it failed again

•   Level 6   
    (518) points
    Fixcenter

2015-03-07 15:22:57 (Reply to:Frederick Wiedmer)

I have maxiflash software installed on my windows 8.1 and downloaded the j2534
    from honda.techinfo.com with 370Mb capacity for free and installed the software on
    my windows 8.1, I comnected maxiflash to my laptop and to the vehicle.. honda j2534
    recognized the maxiflash pro and I programmed honda accord 2013 micu as the
    software guided me... I haven't had any problem....

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    k2356

2015-03-12 01:22:25 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

The tool is still not validated by ANY manufacture and still cant perform MANY reflashes/updates.  Why has Autel still not validated this tool with any manufacture? Why has the J2534  API software version not been updated yet? most manufactures want v4.04  when the autel is stuck at v3.XX   Here is an example of a manufactures validated J2534 supported passthru tooling. Kia includes,  Drewtech,Vetronix,Snap-on,Actia,Otto,Bluestreak,AE tools,Dearborn,Bosch,CardoneEase. I dont see Autel listed anywhere? I encourage everyone to check other manufactures to see which J2534 passthru device has been validated for use on their vehicles. I have yet to see one that includes Autel. So if you reflash or attempt a programming with this tool you are essentially doing the validation for Autel, and lets not forget ... what happens if and when that flash fails? is Autel going to cover that cost of that module? very unlikely.  The Autel J2534 passthru tool has been a huge flop since it was released.  

Further to this 

It's not validated by GM or Ford.  Just because it works on the odd gm or ford it doesn't mean the tools been validated. If your talking about the free gm programming in the Maxisys system then I can tell you it's hit and miss ....and it will leave you stranded way more often then not. It's certainly not a programming device you can rely on at this time.  In my opinion on a scale of 1-10 ... The maxisys J2534 passthru device is a 2 and thats being generous. This tool should have been able to do more then 5% of gm's when it first came out, I was told it could program 07+ Gm's. I had it hooked up to a 07 Yukon trying to program a PCM and the tool said "not supported". I would still like to know which 5% it can do ?          
                Seeing how this tool was designed and manufactured In China, you would think the J2534 device would have been able to reflash/update Honda or Acura pcm's.( It still can't even do that and the J2534 software from honda is free.) Now that a good number of subscriptions will be coming due in the next few months because it's my understanding this tool comes with one year of free updates. Techs will now have to pay to update for another year for a tool that hasn't worked from the beginning and still continues not to effectively work. I think Autel should extend the subscriptions to whoever bought these maxiflash systems to compensate for the lack of programming capabilities the tool was released with and advertised for and still lacks these capabilities to this very day.

•   Level 2   
    (47) points
    aswad

2015-03-13 03:07:38 (Reply to:k2356)

Very true

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
    jbrheaume

2015-03-13 12:27:13 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

Interesting, how many have you done????

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    tientran909

2015-03-18 17:20:56 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

Are you sure it work? Honda j2534 software is free And Honda do not come with any instruction. Install on both of my laptop and it wont communication with the car. Autel claim that support honda hds , but honda website say dont . If Autel still have Gm programing capabilty then it still a good tool to buy. 

•   Level 6   
    (518) points
    Fixcenter

2015-03-19 11:29:12 (Reply to:tientran909)

I am pretty sure, the j2534 software recognized my maxiflash pro, then recognozed the
    car which was an Accord 2013 and I tried to programme MICU......
  Total3 Pages