Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > I am replacing a bcm in an 08 Chev Color...
I am replacing a bcm in an 08 Chev Colorado and was wondering if anyone had success with this?I seen a post that there was an issue with theTech2Win not recognizing the Maxiflash J2534.Any replies would be appreciated before I wreck a Brand New BCM?

3916 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-08 11:58:36

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    HMA
    2015-11-05 14:16:15
    I am replacing a BCM in an08 Chev Coloradoand was wondering if anyone has replaced any Chev modules?I saw one post that the Maxiflash wasn't recognized by the Tech2Win site and that there would be problems with hooking up sucurity after programming?Any replies would be appreciated,Thanks.

Tags: J2534

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-11-07 22:44:08 (Reply to:HMA)

Haven't done a BCM in a long time but from what I read in SI need to be able to use SPS with a legacy device IE:Tech2 to request vehicle theft deterrent info from vehicle and use 10 minute relearn procedure. So if MS908P doesn't work with tech 2 win emulator software I think you'll have issue with security. I happen to have a 2008 Canyon in shop and could only request info up to 2007 with 2010 software version. I don't remember exactly but last one I did didn't have security issue only at the time couldn't do BCM set-up which marries SDM,tires etc. I don't think you'll cause any damage to BCM just have a programmed box that security isn't set-up yet. The old 30 minute method used for pass-lock without tooling isn't specified in SI so check yourself. If I was unsure  and old box still communicates when programming I leave it in and see if SPS pulls the information before it says to replace it maybe it'll pull vehicle theft info. No matter what you'll get instructions including to set up BCM which maxisys has on it. Another option is to take subscription see if tech 2 win works with J2534 and request refund if not. If tech 2 win doesn't work it's because Autel never developed it not that their not allowed to. 

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    HMA
    2015-11-08 11:58:36 (Reply to:tech54)
     Thanks for the reply.I dont think I will have a problem.I have a Scan Guy that has a good lap top and has done before.YOUR BANG ON ABOUT LEAVING THE OLD BCM in vehicle,first.I dont think the MS908PRO WOULD DO A BCM?The only module that is visible in the Programming is the ECM/PCM Replace.I sure hope this J box is worth something.

Thanks HMA

PS:Ill post an update as to whether it works or not,Have a good one.
  Total1 Pages