Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > maxiflash-pro and chrysler issue anyone ...
maxiflash-pro and chrysler issue anyone please Help

3159 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-19 12:50:19

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7
    2016-09-16 20:00:12

Has anyone encounter this issue while trying to flash a Chrysler vehicle on line with the j2534 application  (flash error time out )  am using  windows 7 32bit, java7 32bit also tried java 8 32bit, vci firmware 2.16 or  what ever the latest one is, adobe air is installed, latest internet explorer 11. the pc has all the updates from Microsoft. vehicle is a 2012 dodge Durango which uses the online witech app for j2534,not the legacy one  . any help will be much appreciated thanks.   also it does not work on Honda/acura vehicles j2534 software at all, does not even sees the car this peace of shit.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-09-18 22:52:15 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Chryslers are a problem  for other j2534 devices too I think a lot more people would buy a Pro or Elite if they had the option to downgrade it to a regular Maxi Sys at update time and forgo the ability to program BMW and Mercedes models off Autel's server. It would be ok to chance $35-$50 once in awhile for  a 24 hour sub and attempt to re flash a salvage yard ECM for a 12 year old beater , but not one OE manufacturer in the past 3 years has validated the Maxi Flash Pro as of yet that I know of, so who in their right mind would risk a new module costing hundreds or even more than a thousand dollars on a Benz or BMW, maybe VW now? Love to have the bigger tablet and play with the Maxi Flash Pro flashing a beater ECM , but to set myself up to pay $400-$600 more for updates than the rest of the lineup?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7
    2016-09-19 12:50:19 (Reply to:witsend)

this has been a nightmare for me. the only thing left I have from autel is this maxiflash pro j2534 which I though will work at least on American vehicles which is what I do the most. recently my Chrysler micropod2 was blocked and they now want 1495 dollars for something called software/hardware registration, and every year, and that does not cover flashing or anything else, only registration. for those reading this post do not buy Chrysler tool from ebay, this is what happens.  I thought I save some money and use the maxiflash pro for this on line flashing and I run into this crap. I can buy a drewtech passthru but I read on the Chrysler site that is not validated either for Chrysler, only actia is, besides their jbox.  all of the sudden the micropod registration does not sound so bad. as you know my maxisys 908-p went out after the last update, I sent it back for repairs and have not herd anything since. got me a snap-on verus as I mentioned on another post and although am very happy with, it lacks many functions I took for granted in the maxisys. no happy medium here, an autel tool is a must regardless of what I buy and their software issues, as much as I hate to admit it but its so true. thanks for replying witsend, 50 reads and you were the only one to replied.

Total1 Pages