Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiCheck > Airbag/ABS > Issues using MaxiCheck Pro on ABS of Ren...
Issues using MaxiCheck Pro on ABS of Renault Laguna II Phase 2

2556 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-09 09:45:47

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    wernervs
    2017-10-01 10:07:06
    Hi! 

I recently bought a Maxicheck Pro, just updated it succesfully through this website. Seems to work okay, except from the following:
    I want to to use actuators and ABS brake bleeding (Special Functions) on a 2007 Renault Laguna II Phase 2, 130bhp diesel, but these options are not in the menu???!. I need this because I replaced the ABS unit as a whole. 
    Also, is it possible to rewrite the VIN in the ABS controller? The other car’s VIN is in it. Having the wrong VIN stored in the ABS,  will that Will that pose problems or not?
    If not please let me know which product next in product line (ba$ed on pric€) can do this. If you cant answer all my questions np! ;-)
    It’s a Teves MK70 ABS unit. Thanks in advance!

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    wernervs
    2017-10-06 09:24:19 (Reply to:wernervs)
    Questions questions...

For one, for this car, the special functions for the ABS controller are placed under SAS (Steering Angle Sensor), which is by far not a very logical place (they should be under ABS/SRS). 

Secondly, I was looking for a way to write the car's VIN into the ABS ECM. Why? Because the ABS brake control module is of an other car, and it holds an the VIN of the other car it came off from. This is what can be reprogrammed to conform to the VIN of the car. (and, this is the reason why I bought the MaxiCheck Pro).

So far so good and clear. But when I use the Maxicheck Pro... then comes the fuzzyness...

At first, I thought I had a fake MaxiCheck Pro. I could not find the needed functionality under ABS/SRS. Then, browsing through the menus, I accidentally found menu "VP004 Write VIN" under the SAS/Special Functions! 
    Besides the question, why it is placed under SAS, what does this do, EXACTLY?

It gives you two rows on the display: 
    Write VIN              |  To activate the command, click on 'ok'| 
    COMPUTER VIN |     VF1Kxxxxxxxx       {car's VIN}      |

So... I chose OK, but I got a warning asking if  I'm sure I want to write the "VIN to the Computer" and it was irreversable...  this stopped me from actually activating or test this function.  

AAARGH why this dubious, trivial terminology!!! 

Now, I need to make 10000% sure, which computer will this option write this to? The main ECU (aka the CPU, PCM) or the ABS ECM (the ABS controle module)? Both are computers. Why does it state that car's VIN (which is the correct VIN). 

Or, will I write into the computer's PCM aka ECU??? Then again, if this is the case... WHY would that option be under SAS? To hide it, because overwriting VIN may be a criminal felony in certain cases?

Who can help me out. 

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    wernervs
    2017-10-09 09:45:47 (Reply to:wernervs)
     I actually sent Autel support this question and got word from them today. Because of the holidays their response was a bit belated. It is not possible to write the VIN into the ECM on this make/model car. :-( You can't have it all... 
    Just saying, if anyone bumps into this. 
  Total1 Pages