Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiCheck > Airbag/ABS > What does Maxi Check Pro "Air Bleed" do?
What does Maxi Check Pro "Air Bleed" do?

1975 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2019-06-21 01:55:15

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    pehoffer
    2019-04-01 01:06:35
    I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon with Vehicle Stability Control and purchased a Maxi Check Pro to bleed the ABS Module. Before software updates, there was a function called "ABS Bleed". After updates there is only an "Air Bleed". 

The instruction say to open the bleed screw on one wheel, press on the brake, and initiate the Air Bleed for that wheel. I performed this procedure without opening the bleed screw, because it didn't make sense to me to loosen the bleed screw, press down on the brake, initiate the test, then release the brake. That would draw air into the system. I initiated the test without opening the bleed screw and nothing seemed to happen.

Using the Maxi Check Pro, I am able to hear the ABS pump actuate for each of the wheels so I know they work. But nothing seems to happen during this test.

What does the Air Bleed actually do? Autel cannot provide me with a flow chart or a description of what the test is supposed to do. Does anyone know?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Abars

2019-04-22 20:50:51 (Reply to:pehoffer)

I'm surprised no one has answered this and it's a shame, although this answer is a little late I hope it will help someone... it is actually the same as bleed brakes, you should put a hose on the brake nipple you are working with and put the other end in a jar, open the nipple, open your brake fluid reservoir and fill it, then carry out the procedure. when activated the pump simply pushes the fluid rather than you manually pumping the pedal. in doing this you "bleed the air" out of the system. it should be carried out on all four wheels but make sure to fill the reservoir between each operation of the pump.. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    BruceJ

2019-06-21 01:55:15 (Reply to:Abars)

Thanks abars. That helped me
  Total1 Pages