Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiService > VAG505 > Electronic parking Brake(EPB)
Electronic parking Brake(EPB)

5329 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-15 19:56:43

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    esaracci
    2015-03-25 09:51:17
     My car is VW GOLF VII 1.2 TSI 2014. Only I can do a simple test. I start Auto scan. No problem. But VAG505 ask some questions .Vehicle Platform ???? I don’t know. Which platform is my car? ( VW GOLF VII 2014 1.2TSI DSG). I check my car platform on the GOOGLE . I find VW37X but I cant see this platform. Other problem is Electronic parking Brake(EPB). I Select Electronic parking Brake(EPB) . Than start system Data Initalizing But this func.is not running.I was check cable and ignition switched . Everything is ok.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    flint1971

2016-08-13 04:32:56 (Reply to:esaracci)

Purchased and received this morning. Attempt rear brake pad and rotor replacement using epb release function. Didn't work so call autel support who did their best and very helpful with getting latest update. Tried again and didn't work again. 
    I own a 2013 vw Passat TDI 2.0L and this device list applications to 1986 or newer vw's. This application with epb is the reason I bought it. 
    Why does autel claim this device applies for release of epb when it clearly doesn't work. I'm very disappointed. Frustrated that I removed the tires and prepped job only to have your product fail. 
    I will return product but what I really needed was a scanner that delivered on its functional claims. 
    Simply, vag505 does not work for replacing rear brakes.

Sent from my Samsung device

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Justin

2017-03-02 16:51:24 (Reply to:flint1971)

I have the same problem with VAG505;
     I tried to replace the rear pads to our VW Passat '07 and found out that VAG505 is unable to process the EPB opening and closing procedure.
    This is not what I paid for, a big disappointment really..
    Justin
    Finland

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-06-08 23:20:22 (Reply to:flint1971)

Hi Flint, If you want a tool just for VW`s, purchase a VagCom from Ross-Tech. It`s the
    best VW tool hands down. It does everything and is 1/4 the price of MaxiSys Pro.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    cuda2000

2017-07-15 19:56:43

I have a 2010 Audi A4 Quattro and the EPB retract function did not work for me either. I did not update the software however. I just updated it, but I already finished the brake job by unbolting the electronic screw mechanism off the back of the brake caliper and rotating the internal screw clockwise until it stopped. That retracted the screw, then I could push the piston in with a c-clamp. 
    The VAG505 works for setting maintenance service interval, so I am keeping it for that. I won't have to do rear brakes again for another 5 years... 
  Total1 Pages