Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > BMW/Mini software may have killed unit.
BMW/Mini software may have killed unit.

3320 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-13 14:57:16

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-07-13 13:39:17
     Tech support. Last week I paid the $150 to update my TS501. I've used it on a few vehicles, but today I tried it on a  Mini Cooper and a BMW 328i and it would lock up the tool. I tried it on a few Toyotas and a Subaru, and it worked fine. But when I go back to the BMW/Mini's, the software would hang at the "processing data" screen, forcing me to hold the power button down for a reset. On the last attempt to test the Mini again, the unit shut itself off and won't turn back on.with the switch or when connecting the power adapter or the USB cable. At no time did the TS501 ever get physically connected to any of the vehicles with the OBD2 cable. The unit had a 100% charge on it before using this morning. I'm assuming this is a software issue that possibly damaged the unit, as I've never had any issues with the unit before. I would appreciate tech supports help/feedback on this issue, as this is a money making tool I need for my job.

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-07-13 14:57:16 (Reply to:ifgshooter)
     UPDATE: I removed the SD card and disassembled the TS501. Since it's out of warranty anyway, I figured what the hell. I  disconnected and tested the battery, it had 4.2volts on a 3.7volt battery. I carefully inspected the board with a 10x eye loupe for any issues, none found. The keypad connector was not seated completely, so I removed, inspected the pins, and reinstalled connector with no problems found there. I reassembled the unit and reinstalled the SD card. Miraculously, the unit powered up. I tested a GMC pick-up, the same previous Toyotas and Subaru, as well as the Mini and the BMW from earlier as well. All tests performed normally, with no issues. One would have to assume it was a software glitch. I rechecked for any updates as well, none were available. I guess I just lucked out on this one.
  Total1 Pages