Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS401 > Getting VDO sensor out of ship mode?
Getting VDO sensor out of ship mode?

4254 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-01 14:52:07

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    OneStepAhead
    2015-10-20 05:09:24
     I have VDO 433mhz sensors being used in a 2015 Land Rover Range Rover. I can tell the TS401 it's a 2012 model and correctly read the sensors. However, it shows the sensors are in "Ship" mode. They need to be hit with 125khz modulated frequency to get out of that mode. I can't see anyway to do that with this tool, all it does is read the sensor. How can I tell it to send an LF signal so I can get these sensors out of ship mode? This vehicle will auto learn the sensors after driving for a few minutes, but only if the sensors are out of ship mode. I'm guessing the tool doesn't think it needs to send a LF frequency to the sensors, so I just don't see that option. Could I trick it and tell it it's a different vehicle completely and possibly then it will give me the option to activate these sensors?

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2015-10-23 04:39:10 (Reply to:OneStepAhead)

I have never seen a sensor that needs to be set to something.

The sensors sends when they receive the trigger singal, sent from the ts401 when you press the button.
    They start sending data at the speed of about 20 km/h automatically, to safe battery when not in use.

At least the Schrader/Renault/Dacia sensors work this way.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Uncle Ang

2015-12-01 14:52:07 (Reply to:OneStepAhead)

Most VDO sensors are shipped in a de-activated state (so they won't drain the battery).  When you read the sensor with your TS401 you are activating the sensor. As you stated 'they need to be hit with a 125 khz modulated frequency' and it is at that frequency the your TS401 communicates with all TPMS sensors, the sensors in turn respond at either 315 or 433 mhz..
  Total1 Pages